Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ice Cube Fun

As I mentioned in a previous post, we like to get our chores done early in the day so that we can move on to activities.  I quickly discovered that our schedule for summer was way less packed than our schedule during the rest of the year.  Part of this is due to the fact that we didn't plan any major vacations or anything this summer due to the baby on the way.  I found myself hunting for ideas for different things to do with the boys.  This particular day we filled an ice cube tray with different types of cups.  I gave the boys each a bowl of water, medicine droppers, measuring cups and other things to fill up the trays.  Then we put food coloring in (red and blue) and let them freeze up.  We put the cubes into buckets of water later in the day to play and watch them melt.  I used it as a little learning opportunity and did a bit of color mixing with the red and blue cubes too.  The boys loved it.  

Another thing they love is their dot markers.  The second that I pulled them out, Big Brother exclaimed, "I have those at school!!!" He was very excited to make something special for Daddy.  Little Brother seems to use the markers more though.  He loves to do projects and any kind of markers are his absolute favorite! 








1 comment:

Jenny said...

We love our dobbers too :)