Friday, August 26, 2011

I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet...

So the other day while I was in the middle of writing a blog post, I felt a little tremor.  At first I thought that I was having some sort of convulsion.  Then I noticed the entire bed was shaking.  Since the boys were napping, my first thought was that one of them was up, shaking my bed and I just didn't hear them come into the room.  Then I see the rest of the furniture in the room shaking like crazy and it hit me -- OMG Earthquake!!! What the heck am I supposed to do when there is an earthquake?!?!  Doorway, right?  But I have 2 kids and I don't exactly move fast at 38 weeks pregnant!  The shaking stops and the boys were fine -- they woke up from all the shaking, which is saying a lot because they can sleep through pretty much anything.  They say it was a 5.8 magnitude earthquake, which may not seem like much, but to those of us who have never experienced an earthquake, it was a lot -- and SCARY!  The Mr. was working in the big city that day and his first thought was that there was an attack.  He didn't think it was his building but nearby.  I cannot imagine how scared so many people were at first.  Luckily, it appears that everyone was safe and there were no major injuries or damages.

Next up -- Hurricane Irene.  I guess we don't get a break around here this week!

No comments: