Monday, November 29, 2010

You're Gonna Miss This..

When Ryan was first born the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins was on the radio at least 10 times a day. I know this because I was trying to teach him the difference between day and night and had the radio going all day long. When I would rock him to sleep, totally sleep deprived myself I would often find those words coming through the radio.

I have this blog primarily as a way for me to look back and remember things because I have a terrible memory. There are so many little things that I do not want to forget. Ever. But I am afraid that as time goes by that I will. They are the tiniest little things, every day things that most people would take for granted. Things like...
  • The funny way Ryan smiles when he says something that he thinks is funny.
  • How Ryan laughs hysterically at the littlest things. One of the things that always makes him laugh is giving Ducky Kisses with a little toy duck.
  • How Owen loves to cuddle and if I am home you can forget anyone else rocking him before bed.
  • How Owen's head fits perfectly into my hand when I am rocking him and his long lashes flutter on my cheeks.
  • How Owen laughs just because Ryan is laughing.
  • How Ryan loves to help with anything (dishes, laundry, making a sandwich, using tools, you name it and he will help!)
  • The sweet and cute things that Ryan says. When he wants to be held and cuddled "I want to hold you, Mommy" When he is tired of walking, "Care-up, Mommy" When he is curious about something, "how this works Daddy?" When he changes the ending of a word - for instance, eating Kix cereal, he picks up one and says "I got a kick" or he was putting a cow puzzle together and said "I got two cowses".

No comments: