Sunday, November 28, 2010

Slow Cooker Asian Chicken

As I mentioned before, I am going to start sharing other things on the blog besides family updates. I got this recipe from a friend and boy is it good! For those of you that don't know, I love my slow cooker. If it weren't for the slow cooker, we would probably have a whole lot less home cooked meals. I love the ease of this meal and that I can easily throw all of the ingredients straight into the crock pot and that I am not spending forever trying to cook!

I serve with rice and stir fry veggies and it is a hit!!!

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2/3 c soy sauce
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c water
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 t ground ginger
2 cans sliced water chestnuts ( I skip these b/c Jeff doesn't like them)
1 bunch green onions, chopped

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic and ginger. Spread water chestnuts and green onions over chicken and pour soy sauce mixture over the top. Cook on low for approx. 5 hours


1 comment:

Penni said...

Wow that sounds really good and easy. I could make that and have left overs for work...