1. Ryan recently discovered the difference between a horse and a donkey. He thinks that the word donkey is hilarious. Even more hilarious - the sound a donkey makes. The child just laughs and laughs anytime you say "Heeehawww".
2. Ryan was given a great book "What is Christmas?" from his friend Emily last year. He has really gotten into it in the past few weeks. There is a nativity scene in the book and he knows Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, the wise men and then there is the shepherd. He calls the shepherd "Bo Peep" because he holds a shepherd's crook just like she does in Toy Story. It is just funny when he lists off all of the people in the nativity scene and then gets to Bo Peep.
3. I made this for dinner last night and it was delicious. My friend always posts recipes on her family blog and it makes me think that I might try doing the same sometime. If I ever get time.
4. Owen's favorite game is peek-a-boo/hide and seek. He hide behind the curtains or behind a chair and peeks out over and over again. It is so much fun to play and I could sit there for hours with him and never get tired of his big grins and laughs.
5. Having 2 little boys not feel well at the same time is no fun at all. The only positive is that hopefully they will both feel better around the same time and we can have this cold out of our house faster!
6. I have decided to take a sewing class next year to learn how to use my sewing machine. Don't worry, I don't plan to sew any clothes -- maybe a pair of curtains or something. --- random I tell you!
7. Ryan has been wearing his "I moted" (I voted) sticker on his jacket for over a week now. He is so proud of it. It is losing all of it's stickiness and is starting to roll up around the edges. I should have asked for an extra.
8. It is my sister-in-law's birthday today and I wish we were there to give her a big birthday hug and eat some cake!!!
9. Ryan learned a blessing at school and he sings it before he eats. "God our Father we thank you, for our many blessings, for our many blessings, (and then mutters something that I cannot understand)" then he finishes by exclaiming, "Now let's eat muffins!" He refers to cupcakes as muffins and obviously they have been getting a lot of treats at school lately.
10. Ryan calls iced tea "teet". It is hilarious for him to run around saying "I need teet!"
11. Bonus - ever since our trip to Disney Ryan will say things like, "Go take a nap, wake up, go to Mickey Park, ride rocketships and see castle?" or he will say go to shiny ball, ride Nemo. I just think it is neat that he remembers so much from our trip! Can't wait to take him back again!