Sunday, June 22, 2008

He did it!!

According to just about every "baby expert" sleeping through the night is official when a baby sleeps a 5 hour stretch at one time.  Going off of that definition of sleeping through the night, Ryan has been doing so since about 6 or 7 weeks.  He has been improving the length of his sleeps at night almost weekly.  His typical routine is as follows:  asleep in crib at 8:00 pm, up somewhere between 2-4 am for a quick feeding and then back to sleep until around 6 am.   This was up until last night.  

Last night Ryan went to bed around 7:45 pm and kinda stirred a little around 11pm but did not need us to help him go back to sleep.  He didn't wake up again until right after 6:00 am!  We made it a full night!  My definition of sleeping through the night is not getting up at 2, 3, or 4 am! I am so happy that I finally got a full-nights sleep. 

Hopefully I am not totally jinxing myself and we can have a repeat performance tonight!

No comments: