In 12 weeks I have learned:
- 4 consecutive hours of sleep is perhaps one of the most wonderful gifts in the first few weeks.
- You never wake a sleeping baby.
- One smile can bring tears to your eyes.
- It is possible to carry on a conversation with no "real" words.
- I love someone in a way that I never knew existed until I was a Mom.
- I strangely miss getting up every 2-3 hours at night. That was our special time just Ryan and Mommy (he is now sleeping about 8 hours straight every night).
- I am doing a great job!!
- A daily shower is both a challenge to get in and one of the things I look forward to most.
Now to toot my own horn...I have been breast feeding for 12 weeks!! I am so proud of myself for making it this far. When I first started I didn't even think I could make it past the first few days. I really did not enjoy it at all. I would tell everyone that I did not feel the "bond" that mothers talk about. I felt a bigger bond when I was rocking him to sleep or when Ryan would sleep on my chest. It has taken 12 weeks but this morning I realized that I really do like breast feeding. I am doing the most natural thing in the world, giving him all of the nutrition that he needs, comforting and soothing him. Last night someone asked me how long I would keep breast feeding for. My answer, I don't know. I started out making goals just to get through each day. Now I am not sure when I will quit. I know this...I will not have a 3 year-old tugging on my shirt wanting to nurse! LOL
I watched Jon & Kate Plus 8 the other night (you know..the lady had twins then a couple years later sextuplets!). I am so very thankful that we just had one baby. I can't imagine having two newborns at once, let alone 6! If you have not seen the show make sure to tune in to TLC on Monday nights to catch a quick glimpse.