I decided that I wanted to do a little something different this month and write down things that I want to remember. I know that as time passes I will forget some of the cute things that Ryan does.
At 2 years old, I want to remember....
- The way you say "okayyyyy" instead of yes
- The way you say "no-yes" as if it is one word when really you mean no
- How each morning when I get you out of bed you ask "Where Daddy?" and when Daddy gets you up you ask "Where Mommy?"
- The words that you slur together into one big word. "whereareyou" "whoisit" "whatareyoudoing"
- How the instant you get your blankie and paci before bed you become completely limp. You lay in the floor and roll around as if you are the most tired little boy in the world.
- How you love to give hugs and kisses
- How each time you give a hug you automatically say "awwww sweet"
- The way you count "1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10,12, 13, 14, 15,15"
- The way you help us read your bedtime stories to you at night.
- How you love to do "Cheers" with your drink at the dinner table.
- How you love to go "reeeeking" (streaking) around the house after bath time. The sound of you screaming out "reeking" followed by running footsteps and laughter is one of the most wonderful sounds I could ever imagine.
- How you love it when Daddy and I hide from you and then jump up and scare you.
- How you can have an entire conversation about episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- That your favorite characters are Mickey, Donald, Buzz and Woody.
- How you randomly come up to us with books and say "lap, read" when you want to sit in our laps and read.
- How you hit your head with your hand and day "doh" (don't worry he has never actually seen the Simpsons)
- How you can spot strawberries "rasheez" a mile away. I think they might just be your favorite food (just like mommy).
- That you love to sleep! You will tell us when you are ready to go to bed and when you are ready to take a nap.
- How when after you ask me "where daddy" and I tell you that he is at work that you immediately say "Daddy, phone, call him"
- The funny way you dance whenever you hear music.
Ryan you are such a wonderful blessing in our lives. We are so proud of you! We love you so much!!!!!