Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Three Months

My sweet little girl is 3 months old!!!  Three months have flown by.  Wow.  This month was a big month for little Miss E.  She got her first ride on an airplane (she did fantastic), got to attend her first wedding, got to meet a whole bunch of family members in the great state of Texas and she started sleeping through the night!

We had major issues with the bottle during this month as well.  Little Miss E decided that she didn't care for the bottle at all in fact.  After a whole lot of trial and error she finally found one that she would tolerate.  If you are lucky and heat the milk to the exact right temperature and give it to her at the exact right moment, she may take it.  Maybe.  She thinks the pacifier is a torture device.  She tolerates tummy time remarkably well.  She tries to shove her fists in her mouth all the time.  She is happy as long as her Momma is near.  She is a drooler (needs a bib at all times).  She still doesn't enjoy getting into her car seat.  She loves to be tightly swaddled in her Woombie.  She has never fussed during a bath and she has discovered the fun of splashing!




she turns off those big grins as soon as the camera comes out.  ha!

<3 baby toes...and I spy a little chubby chub on those legs! 

she is still my little blue-eyed girl.  Only time will tell if they stay that way or not..her eyes are beautiful though!
my tiny and new girl is getting so big!!!
She is changing every single day.  Every single day she gains strength and every day she becomes a bit more social.  She is such a joy in our family!!!  Three months have gone by incredibly fast but at the same time it seems like she has always been a part of our family.


At 3 months, Little Miss E still wears 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers.  She has set the record by a long shot around here.  The boys were into 6 month clothes very early on.  I am enjoying getting a bit of mileage out of her outfits!

In other news, I signed up to do a 5K when E was only a few weeks old.  The 5K was scheduled for the day she turned 3 months old.  I did a little training, got to where I could run 4 miles or so and then somehow me, the hubs and the boys all got sick.  There was no way I could run the race that day.  :( It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because there were major traffic issues with the race and the group that I was carpooling with never made it to the race.  A little history, I have always hated running.  I quit soccer as a kid because there was too much running involved.  I remember in high school we had to run the mile in a certain time to be in athletics/make our team.  I despised that mile run.  In the past couple of months I have discovered a new love for running.  I feel great when I finish and I feel like a better mom for clearing my head and having something to do for myself.  My goal eventually is to complete a half marathon!  We'll see!!  Oh and in other news, at 3 months post-partum, I dipped below my pre-pregnancy weight!  Woot!!!!

No comments: