Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Introducing Owen Andrew

We went to the hospital on Sunday morning for our scheduled induction. By the time played 200 questions with the nurse and got my iv all hooked up and ready to roll, it was 8:30am.

I got my epidural moments before my doctor came in the room to break my water. I kept saying that only one side of my body was really numb, but they told me to lay on my side and it would even out. Well...things progressed very fast. The baby was ready to come before the epidural was really working. Around 11:10 or 11:15 I started pushing and by 11:28 our little boy was screaming his way into the world.

Owen Andrew was born on Sunday, October 25th at 11:28am. He weighed in at 8lbs 13oz and was 20.5 inches long.

On our way to the hospital...

Our first picture with Owen..

Mommy and Owen

Daddy and Owen

So much hair!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so incredibly happy for you and your family. He is absolutely beautiful. And might I add that you, Shannon, look drop dead gorgeous in these photos! Motherhood looks FANTASTIC on you. SO HAPPY! Good luck these first few days with the new little one. Thinking of you and praying for you! MUCH LOVE - EA and Ashley