Friday, September 23, 2011
Happy 1/2 Birthday!!!
I saw this idea on a blog somewhere but I honestly cannot remember where. It is a celebration for your child's 1/2 birthday. I thought it would be so much fun to start this tradition and something that our kids would love and look forward to in the future. For Big Brothers 3 1/2 birthday we made one half of a chocolate cake and had pizza -- his choice. He was super excited and everyone enjoyed the indulgence! No gifts, no party, just fun times as a family, celebrating his life!
A few things that have started recently:
1. Negotiations - he always tries to negotiate a few more minutes of tv, his favorite game, time at the playground, etc. If you say we are leaving in 3 minutes, he chirps back "how 'bout six minutes"
2. "I think I love you a bunch." This has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!
3. He insists on wearing khaki pants at all times. I am not sure if his jeans or any other pants will get any use this fall.
4. He loves to run and has to be wearing his super fast shoes. He calls Little Brother's shoes "super slow shoes" since LB can't keep up just yet.
5. He gives kisses to his sister every night before bed.