Saturday, August 15, 2009

17 Months!

Ryan is now 17 months old!!! I guess I could basically just start telling people that he is a year and a half when they ask. I cannot believe that he has been in our lives for 17 months already, but at the same time it is hard to remember life without him in it.

Ryan is turning into such a big boy. He is running all over the place. He is doing a much better job of actually staying with us now though. He has started going down the stairs walking -- don't worry, we are right there with him every step of the way. He repeats pretty much everything we say to him. I am sure that Jeff and I probably understand more of what he is saying than other people do though. He now eats off of a plate with a fork and typically doesn't make TOO big of a mess. Ryan love love loves Mickey Mouse (aka-Ma Ma). He will walk to the tv and say ma-ma over and over because he wants to see the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Up until the past couple of weeks he would not sit still for more than 2 minutes to watch tv.

Ryan has started calling Jeff Daddy and me Mommy most of the time. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He is still very friendly and outgoing. I don't know if Ryan will ever meet a stranger. Ryan loves to go bye-bye and will find our shoes for us, bring them to us, try to put them on our feet and say bye bye.

Ryan is testing his independence and letting us know when he is not happy about something. He has entered a new phase complete with temper tantrums when things don't quite go his way. We are working on learning how to share, but we have a very long way to go on that one.

He is the greatest joy and blessing. In two months time, he will be the most wonderful big brother! We are trying to teach him to say brother but every time it comes out "bubba" so I guess for now B2 is "Bubba".

Oh and tonight at dinner a woman who had two small boys herself approached us and asked, "is this a little girl dressed in blue?" I looked at her like she was crazy and said politely no. I guess that is our clue that we FINALLY need to get Ryan's BLONDE hair cut!!!

Yes, I'm cute...

look at those eye lashes...

So big..

Ok..enough pictures already...

Taking his car out for a spin...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That lady was crazy...my nephew does NOT look like a girl!!! :)