Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sweet PotaTOES

So today was the day we decided we were going to let Ryan try something other than cereal or oatmeal.  I have decided that I want to try and make most of the baby food myself because it is pretty easy, I like to cook and it is cheaper.  I mashed up two bananas and one sweet potato and froze them into ice cube trays and now my freezer is stocked up with a ton of food!  I never knew how much food I would be able to get out of one sweet potato.  

Anyway, Ryan doesn't really seem to love rice cereal or oatmeal all that much.  I probably wouldn't either as they both probably taste like cardboard.  This morning he was excitedly holding his mouth open for the spoon and even got seconds (his servings were really small though).  In between bites Ryan would play with his feet.  He had sweet potato all over himself...head to toe.  Sweet Potatoes = Success!  


mmmm...Mommy these are good! 

Ryan's sweet potaTOES!

1 comment:

Annie Powell said...

LOVE the last picture and the caption! YAY Ryan, welcome the world of FOOOOOD!