Friday, August 22, 2008

5 Months! (and one week)

We were out of town when Ryan turned 5 months old, so I didn't get to blog about the big day.  I cannot believe that my baby is 5 months old.  The time just keeps flying by.  Ryan is doing so much.  When we got back from Texas, Jeff kept asking me, "Is this new?" Referring to the new things that Ryan was doing. 

Things I love about my 5 month old:
  • He smiles for no reason at all
  • He gets so excited to see us when he wakes up from his nap or night time sleep.  He starts kicking and smiling like crazy the moment he sees us. 
  • He loves to people watch
  • He is fascinated with the smallest things (ceiling fans, lights, different textures, mirrors)
  • He giggles and grins every time he sees his reflection in the mirror
  • He is a Mama's boy (this is good now...maybe not so much when he is a teenager)
  • He loves to cuddle
  • He still lets me rock him to sleep at night
  • He loves when I sing to him
  • He is such a trooper --we go out and about almost daily and he never complains
  • He reaches out to explore faces and sucks your nose or cheek to give you a kiss
  • He smiles for the camera and doesn't get upset when I take a million pictures of him
  • He has changed my life

Two exciting/scary things happened yesterday.  First when we went out shopping, Ryan decided that he was ready to sit up all the way in his stroller  (We have always had it reclined a bit before).  As soon as the seat was in the upright position, Ryan started grinning like crazy.  He was so proud of himself and was so excited to really be able to see what was going on.  He was entertaining many of the other people out shopping, flashing them smiles and waving his arms in excitement.  Then....when I went to get Ryan out of his crib he was on all fours!  Yes, he was up on his knees and his entire chest was off of the floor.  I am so not ready for this much mobility!  I ran to grab my camera but when I got back he was no longer up on his knees.  Here are a few pictures of my wonderful baby! 



No comments: