Monday, October 6, 2008

Playtime

Ryan has a few new favorite "toys".  These toys aren't really toys at all but provide lots of endless entertainment.  He loves playing with Daddy's watch.   I think he likes that it is shiny and reflective and makes some noise when the links cling together.  Another new favorite is the plastic slotted kitchen spoon. 

Ryan is also fascinated by grass.  He likes to pull it and get a fist-full of dirt and grass.  He got mud under his nails for the first time yesterday during our family pictures!  I didn't freak out or really even care.  I think it is fun that he wants to play in the dirt.  We were wearing white though.  

Ryan is learning all kinds of new tricks right now as well.  He is learning how to give a high five, how to wave and how to clap.  Clapping is still tricky, but we are working on it.   One of his new favorite tricks is to get close to your face and then blow air.  We practiced blowing air a lot during swim class so I guess he decided it was time to practice!  

No matter how big the blanket on the ground is, Ryan finds a way to play in the grass...


See Daddy, not quite bed time..

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Thanks girl-- your blog is great too! I need to add you to my favorites. I love all the pictures, he is growing up too fast and is just SOOO cute!