Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall Festivities

This weekend we decided to take a little trip to a nearby apple orchard to pick some apples straight off of the tree.  Due to my inexperience with apple picking, I forgot to bring bug spray.  One thing I learned, bugs love fruit trees and love even more the fruit that has already fallen to the ground.  The orchard was beautiful and if I had been prepared with the previously mentioned bug spray, we would have found a nice shady spot on the hill to just enjoy the beautiful fall day.   

We picked a "peck" or bag full of apples and then headed over to their little pumpkin patch.  Ryan was fascinated by the pumpkins.  He didn't want to look up at the camera for any pictures because he wanted to touch and inspect those giant orange things.  We didn't purchase any pumpkins there because we have plans to do that in another week or so with some of Ryan's friends.  I am glad we are going back because Ryan loves pumpkins!! 

Ryan and me with the apple trees...

Daddy and Ryan

Scenery for the day...


Checking out the pumpkins

Still checking out the pumpkins


 


No comments: