Friday, June 25, 2010

8 Months Old!

Dear Owen,

Happy 8 month birthday little man! You are growing so fast. Daddy and I were just noticing how much of your crib you take up now. We are getting ready to lower your crib mattress down because you are starting to pull up on things any chance you get.

This has been a very big month for you, Owen. You have gotten very strong and are almost crawling. You are good at moving all around the room but you aren't doing the traditional crawl just yet. You have gotten very good at sitting this month. You very rarely topple over now when you are sitting. You love to be heard too. You will chatter nonstop in your special little language. I love hearing you babble on and on.

You have decided that you don't like bananas or peaches and most days you don't like apples either. You do like your veggies though and yogurt is your absolute favorite thing to eat! You also tried avocado this month. The first time you had it, your face was priceless. You were not sure what to make of it. The second time you had it, you loved it though!

You still let me rock you to sleep here and there. You are great at falling asleep on your own but occasionally you will fall asleep in my arms. I never want to put you down when you fall asleep in my arms because you are growing so fast and I know that all too soon you won't want me to hold you and rock you.

You adore your Mommy, Daddy and brother! You watch Ryan all the time and want to play with the same toys he plays with. Luckily Ryan is great at sharing. Ryan tells you to share with him too. When Daddy comes home from work you bounce with excitement. You smile the biggest smile possible to let him know you are happy to see him.

At 8 months you have outgrown all of your 9 month clothing as well as your 6-12 month things, not by weight but by height. Mommy thinks you are going to be long and lean like Daddy and Grandpa Jerry.

I am so happy to be your Mommy! You are such a wonderful blessing. You are perfect in every way.

I love you!
Mommy

Here is a quick picture from this morning...I took some more but I will upload them later. I am also hoping for an outdoor photo shoot this afternoon to document Owen as an 8 month old!

This is probably one of my favorite photos to date. It captures Owen's bubbly personality perfectly. Owen is ALWAYS in a great mood. He grins all the time. The pjs say "My big brother says I'm super cool!"

No comments: