Monday, April 4, 2011

Random Funnies

I just wanted to post a couple of recent things that Ryan has said that really made me laugh. I love how he says the funniest things without even realizing that they are funny. :)

On a windy afternoon...
Ryan: "Mommy, where is the wind coming from?"
Me: (very uncertain as I don't think I have ever really thought about it) umm...the sky.
Ryan: "No, Mommy, it is coming from that way." (pointing in the direction the wind is coming from.)

Getting dressed in shorts for the first time of the warm season...
I see Ryan walking around trying to pull his pant legs down.
Me: "Ryan, what are you trying to do?"
Ryan: "Mommy, these pants are way too short for me."
Me: "Ryan they are shorts, that is how they are supposed to be. You wear them when it is warm outside so you don't get too hot."
Ryan: "Mommy, I think we need to find my jeans."

Ryan has also started trying to tell time on a regular clock. He will look at the numbers and say it is 4:10 -- but in reality it is 4:50. I never really thought about how strange the clock was until I thought about how I would explain that to a 3 year old. (Well, 2 is really 10, but only when you are counting in minutes). It is funny how things that we don't even think twice about are kind of complex to explain. Lucky for us, simple explanations work for now. :)

No comments: